Saturday, October 20, 2007

New Tyres for my Vios


I finally got 4 brand new Dunlop Lemans LM702 tyres for my Vios.

Workshop: Creative Trading & Services
Total Cost: SG$350/-
Cost per tyre: SG$75/-
Wheel Alignment: SG$50/- ($10 discount off)

I'm so glad to find the right workshop that knows what's the best for the customer. They recommended me slightly wider 185/60R14 profile which they claim will give Vios better performance & comfort.

My initial plan was to only replace the front tyres and leave the rear one alone to cut down costs and wastage. The condition of the rear tyre are still quite good and I bet it can last me another 30,000 km or more.

To my dismay, all four tyres have uneven wear on the outer shoulder; something Borneo Motor didn't pick-up during all the services that I had with them. The workshop highly recommend me to do a wheel alignment (normal price $60) to correct the problem. I might as well replace all 4 tyres since I'm going to pay more to align the wheels. I don't want a uneven tyres to affect the alignment.

I'm so glad I had chosen this workshop, my Vios now feels like new and there is no more vibration when I hit 120km. The car feel smooth and Quieter. We shall see if the mis-alignment problem will happen again after another 20,000-30,000KM.

Workshop Name: Creative Trading & Services
Address: 38 Woodlands Industrial Park E1 #02-06 Singapore 757700
Telephone: 67601591 / 67601592
Fax: 67601592
Highly Recommended


No comments: